Microsoft Research is supporting excellent research by accepting applications for PhD Fellowships for the academic year 2022-2023 from exceptional candidates.
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship program seeks for the future generation of research leaders through a one-of-a-kind program that provides promising young candidates with mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunities.
With a network of world-class research labs run by globally known research scientists and engineers, Microsoft Research offers a dynamic environment for research careers. Their scientists and engineers work to address challenging problems in a variety of domains, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment, via innovation in a variety of scientific and technical disciplines.
What makes you want to apply for this program? They accelerate scientific discovery and technology innovation at Microsoft Research to enable every individual and organization on the planet to achieve more. They bring together the brightest brains from many fields and backgrounds to tackle Microsoft’s and society’s most critical research concerns.
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on June 10th.
- University or Organization: Microsoft
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowships
- Award: $10,000 USD
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Asia-Pacific
- The award can be taken in the USA
- China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan are all eligible.
- Fellowships in Computational Biology & Life Sciences, Computational Physics Physics, Computational Sustainability, Computational Chemistry, and Material Science are all eligible courses or subjects.
- Criteria for Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Applicants must study at a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan and conduct research on computing areas of interest to Microsoft Research (click on Research Areas at the top of the page for a full list).
- The candidate must graduate in 2024 or later, according to the definition of the normative term of PhD programs at the applicant’s university and region. Supporting papers will be requested from candidates and their advisors if necessary.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested individuals must complete the online application process in order to be considered for the fellowship.
- Documents to Support: The following items must be included in your application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- This statement (of around 1,000 words) summarizes your research accomplishments and ongoing efforts while highlighting your most significant contribution to academia. It should address the future direction and potential of your work, particularly your research strategy for the next three years of PhD studies.
- At least two letters of recommendation from well-known researchers who are familiar with your work. One of these letters should be written by your advisor. Those who are recommending you should provide scanned copies of their signed recommendation letters to email@example.com.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed a previous degree with honors.
- If English is not your first language, you must show proof of English language proficiency, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or other appropriate proof.
- The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program offers some of the best incentives and prizes in the business, including:
- $10,000 USD in cash grants to encourage research projects and academic endeavors such as visiting international research conferences/events and supporting paper and patent application fees, among other things.
- Intensive and tailored mentorship programs with a designated senior researcher to assist the fellow’s research till graduation are available.
- Attendance at the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference is available.
- Advisors of fellows may be invited to engage in collaborative research initiatives and academic exchange events at the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia.