The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is inviting leading academics to apply for the PhD Funding program, which will fund their education in Austria for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship opportunity is available to both international and domestic students who apply to the Vienna Graduate School of Finance for a PhD degree program. The students who are chosen will get a monthly stipend of up to €2,000, as well as health insurance.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is a financial research and education center in Vienna, Austria. Academic research and PhD education are the primary emphasis of the school. The institution offers coursework to help students develop the skills they’ll need to perform cutting-edge financial research.
Why should you consider studying finance at the Vienna Graduate School of Finance? Faculty members of the Vienna Graduate School of Finance are well-connected in the worldwide finance community. Graduates of the Vienna Graduate School of Finance can expect to work at prestigious academic institutions.
The application process is ongoing.
- University or Organization: Vienna Graduate School of Finance
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Austria.
- Countries that are eligible to apply: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Students may apply to the Vienna Graduate School of Finance’s PhD program.
- Criteria for Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following/given requirements to be considered:
- The applicants must be PhD candidates currently enrolled in a VGSF program.
How to Apply
- Application Instructions: Applicants may need to apply for admission through the official website of the Vienna Graduate School of Finance. All qualifying candidates will be automatically considered.
- Documents to Support: The following documents must be presented to the university by the students:
- a mission statement
- Official transcripts and a copy of your diploma
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed a master’s degree in a relevant field of study at a recognized Austrian or international postgraduate institute and must present GMAT or GRE scores that are less than five years old.
- Students must submit results from the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (code number 9618): at least 600 points on paper; at least 250 points on computer; at least 100 points online
- IELTS: a minimum of 7.0 points (no band below 6)
- TOEIC: at least 800 points
- BEC Higher
The selected candidates will be employed by one of the partner universities and will receive a gross monthly stipend of around € 2,000, which includes health insurance, from the Vienna Graduate School of Finance.